All new students must first register. The registration process is completely online and can be completed at any time.
Before attending an Academy District 20 (ASD20) school, all students must first register. The registration process is an online process. Once you complete the registration process, you will receive an email confirmation and instructions for next steps.
Student(s) must meet the following age requirements before starting school in ASD20:
- Preschool: must be 3 years old by Oct. 1
- Kindergarten: must be 5 years old by Oct. 1
- First Grade: must be 6 years old by Oct. 1
The registration process will take approximately 20 – 30 minutes. All required fields are marked with an asterisk. Please be careful of spelling, capitalization and punctuation. And, for best results, make sure you are using the newest version of your browser, and that pop-up blockers have been disabled.
To complete registration, you will need the following information:
- Household Information – address and phone numbers
- Parent/Guardian Information – work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Emergency Contact Information – phone numbers
- Student Information – demographic, health/medication information
Supporting Documents Needed
You will also need to upload several supporting documents. If you are unable to upload your supporting documentation, you can still complete registration, but you will receive an email with further instructions. Note: Your student’s registration will NOT be final until all documents are collected.
- Address Verification (please have ONE of the following):
- House Warranty Deed
- House Bill of Sale
- House Settlement from closing
- Current El Paso County Property Tax statement
- Current Rental Agreement (valid for six months or longer, signed by renter and landlord)
- Quarter Assignment Lease from USAFA Housing Office (signed by Housing Office)
- Contract stating buyer name, property address, and closing date (signed by seller and buyer)
- Academy District 20 notarized residency statement.
- Student’s birth certificate
- Immunization Record for student (or Waivers). Colorado requires the following:
- OPV (polio)
- Hepatitis B
- Custody documents for child/children of parents who are separated/divorced (ONE or more of the following):
- Court documents stating residential custody of student
- Notarized letter from other biological parent acknowledging student will be registered in an Academy District 20 school and living with parent/guardian submitting the registration
You will also be asked for the following documentation:
- Photo ID of parent or guardian registering student.
- If your student has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), we need a copy.
- Delay in doing so can affect your student’s start date. If the IEP is unavailable at this time, school site placement will be considered temporary until the Individualized Education Plan can be reviewed by the Special Education Department.
- Please contact the Special Education Department Secretary at 719-234-1331 for help retrieving a copy.