Free and Reduced Meal Program
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP), often referred to as the Free and Reduced Program, is a federally assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free lunches to children each school day.
The Free and Reduced Program is confidential and open for all to apply. Program eligibility is determined by the district. Qualifying students receive free or low-cost school meals.
Previous Free and Reduced Program Participants
If your student(s) participated in the free and reduced meal program during the 2019-2020 school year, please remember they receive carryover benefits for the first 30 school days (Aug. 17, 2020 – Sept. 25, 2020), or until a new eligibility determination is made, whichever comes first.
- If you participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formally known as food stamps, please wait until September 11, 2020, before completing your application. We will conduct a Direct Certification with the state of Colorado and those with a current SNAP number will be automatically approved into the Free and Reduced Program.
- If by September 11, 2020 you have not received a notification of Eligibility through your Parent Portal Message Inbox or personal email on file with Central Registry, please submit an application for the 2020-21 school year on or before September 25, 2020 to ensure that there is not an interruption in meal service for your student(s).
- Online applications are available through the Parent Portal .
- After logging into the Parent Portal, scroll down the left side and select “More”. On the next page select “Meal Benefits”. Meal Benefits Application will have a blue link; click on it to start the application process.
- If a problem occurs while applying online, please contact our help desk at 719-234-1777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forms may be dowloaded from the Forms section at the bottom of this page.
- For all schools EXCEPT Pine Creek High School and Village High School, use the "Free and Reduced Meal Application".
- For Pine Creek High School and Village High School, use the "Free and Reduced Meal Application - Alternate".
- Paper applications are also available at the Education and Administration Center (EAC) located at 1110 Chapel Hills Dr.
Application processing, whether online or paper, can take three to seven days. All applicants will be notified of their approval/denial status via the Parent Portal inbox.
We would like to emphasize that applying online is a much faster way to have your application processed.