Application Process & Eligibility
The application process for preschool can be started at the Preschool office located at the Education and Administration Center. Only children who live within Academy District 20 school boundaries are eligible.
Academy District 20 provides district-run preschool at the following locations.
- Antelope Trails Elementary
- Briargate Preschool
- Discovery Canyon Campus Elementary
- Edith Wolford Elementary
- Explorer Elementary
- Frontier Elementary
- High Plains Elementary
- Legacy Peak Elementary
- Ranch Creek Elementary
- The da Vinci Academy
- Woodmen-Roberts Elementary
Journey K8 and New Summit Charter Academy may offer additional preschool options, but as separate programs from the district preschool program. The eligibility requirements and application process is completely different. Please contact these schools for more information.
Children who turn three years of age by Oct. 1 of the current school year are eligible to enroll, however they must turn three before starting preschool.
- Children who turn five by Oct. 1 of the current school year are eligible for kindergarten and cannot attend preschool.
- Our preschools comply with Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and can accommodate children with special needs.
- Children currently enrolled in preschool will have first option to return to preschool the next school year if they are still eligible.
Children currently in Special Education who are not eligible for services during the next school year, will have the option to enroll as a typical peer during open registration.
After submitting your application, students will be selected using a lottery system for the applications received within the lottery window. Applications received after the lottery window will be placed on a waitlist. You can print the application from this website or pick one up at:
- all elementary school offices,
- the district preschool office at the Education and Administration Office, 1110 Chapel Hills Dr.
Forms may be mailed to or dropped off at 1110 Chapel Hills Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920 along with a $55 non-refundable application fee. Children will be selected until all slots have been filled. Children not receiving placement will be placed on a wait list and parents will be notified as openings occur.