1. At District 20 registration, all parents fill out a Home Language Survey Form.
2. Families who indicate the use of a language other than English in the home are asked to participate in an interview to determine language needs and tested for English language proficiency using the W-APT when appropriate. Parents are also encouraged to bring grades, assessments, and any other documents that show language proficiency for their child.
3. Once the testing is completed, the results are reviewed with the parent and school placement is determined.
4. If a student qualifies for support, the parent has the option of selecting an ESL Magnet School placement or a Mainstream placement.
5. If the parent selects an ESL Magnet School, bus service is provided for eligible students.
Note: For further information on enrollment, please click here.