Skip to main content

The DOD’s Public Schools on Military Installations Program (PSMIP) is a federal initiative that provides monetary support to school districts for major improvements and/or rebuilds of school facilities on military installations. The program provides federal government support that covers 80% of facility improvement costs, leaving school districts to cover the remaining 20% of costs. 

We are currently partnering with local architects to help us identify estimated costs, plans and timelines that will be shared with the DOD for consideration. We are eager to take advantage of this opportunity and below are the options being explored:

  • upgrading AAHS,

  • rebuilding AAHS,

  • upgrading DVE,

  • rebuilding DVE,

  • building a K-8 school, with a focus on STEM/Aerospace, to replace Douglass ValleyElementary. Please note, a K-8 option would add to our existing cadre of excellent schools.

Still in the early stages of investigating the feasibility of this opportunity, there are many unknowns. We anticipate having more information in the coming weeks. As we learn more, we will share our progress.