What guides us.
Academy District 20 is guided by a mission and belief statements. These statements serve as the compass for our employees.
Educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities. Meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation and the world.
- An educated citizenry is the cornerstone of a democratic republic.
- Every individual has worth and is entitled to be treated with respect.
- Learning is a lifelong endeavor.
- Every individual can learn and does so in a variety of ways.
- The education of each student is a responsibility shared by students, families, schools and communities.
- Families have both the right and the responsibility to choose the school, curriculum and program(s) that best meet the needs of their student(s).
- The development of virtuous character is equal in importance to academic growth and critical to developing responsible citizens of our community, our nation and the world.
- Whether in the classroom or at home, students achieve best in a nurturing environment where physical, intellectual and emotional health is emphasized, and safety is assured.
- Students must be held to the highest standards of academic achievement while recognizing the true success of our academic program is measured by the success of each student relative to his or her unique potential and individual progress.
- Every graduate must be fully prepared for the post-graduation path of their choice.
- Every student, staff member and volunteer are responsible for the effective and efficient use of supplies, facilities, and financial resources.